Need help fixing a tap !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am a complete dunce with this kind of stuff. I have a bath tap fitting like

(in case the link doesn work "Traditional Gold Effect PVD ¾" Bath/Shower Mixer" on screwfix's website)

The cold water tap now pops right off, when you put it back in it doesnt for what I can best describe "grab" when you turn it, so at the moment to actually turn it on and off is very hard, especially off as the best I can manage at the moment is a slow drip. Is this just a case of changing the washer or is there something more sinister afoot ;) If anyone has any idea on what it might be and more importantly of how I can go about fixing it. I would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Adam
p1580592_x.jpg

MOD

pic added as was shorter than link

Sponsored Links
i guess u need a new tap valve.....has the slipping bit got a nut shaped bit near its base ?...turn water off (check water does not come out of tap)
take tap valve out and go and get a new one...

Put the plug in, take the tap head off, unscrew the tap body, drop it, (thank me that you put the plug in), then take the circlip off, unscrew and push out the internal assembly - it will I assure you - then clean all brass with wire wool, lubricate with vaseline or similar and reassemble if it don't work I'll come and do it for you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back