Need help Removing Wall plugs from a plasma TV bracket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved to a new home and the people before me had a 50 ins plasma screen on the wall. They have very kindly :mad: left the metal wall plugs in the wall and I don't know how to get them out.

Does anyone have any ideas how to remove these heavy duty metal wall plugs?

Sponsored Links
Dont think they are designed to be removed, dig them out & fill the wall.

Some types are screwed into the plaster like self tapping screws so can be similarly unscrewed.

don't think they are the screw in ones and if they are I cannot get a grip on them as they are only poking out a few mm from the wall

Sponsored Links
if they have left the bolts screw them back in several turns then tap bolt head with a hammer this pushes nut back hopefully releasing the wall anchor :)

try using a chisle, and hammer to knock them into the wall... then polyfiller over them.... you only need to knock them back a few mm then a bit of filler should do the trick.....

Hopefully who ever drilled the holes, drilled em too deep so you can do this....

I agree with MasterAbacus, in most cases wall plugs can be knocked into the wall a little deeper and filled over, this is much less likely to cause further plaster damage than trying to pull them out or cut them off.

Usually you can knock them in neatly by screwing in a long screw of the correct size and tapping the screw head with a small hammer, then wind the screw out once the plug is below the surface.

If you can put up a digital photo someone is sure to recognise the type.

If they are shield anchors with a steel bolt you can unscrew the bolt and the shield willl become loose.

If it is a plasterboard wall then the plasterboard is easy to damage.

edited:
Can you identify the fixing here?

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp?cId=100067&ts=44629

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back