1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some help please! Sliding Patio Door with Espag Style Lock Broken

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by Kiwimutt1, 14 Dec 2016.

1. Kiwimutt1

Kiwimutt1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I'm new here and just need some help if possible! I'm not up on locks or trade talk but I'm curious so thought I'd join this forum and see if anyone can offer me any advice. If not I will stop by the local locksmith as I'm sure there the people to speak to.

We have a sliding patio door with wooden frame and an 80's style arthur shaw inline espagnolette style 2 pin lock system that has just broken and I'm wanting to know what to replace it with and how. I was unsure of the brand of the lock but have managed to google it galore and found out it was an old Arthur Shaw locking system that is no longer available.

Here are some photos so you can see what I'm actually talking about.

Does anyone know if there are there any replacements that would fit? It would be great to leave the right side panel with the 2 pins and just replace the inline espagnolette lock but I'm guessing that might not be an option?

Are there any alternatives? I have found Universal UPVC style inline locks that have hooks and they seem to be the modern day lock systems but they also seem to have a mortise style lock in the centre, ideally it would be great to do as little alterations as possible but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated but I am quite prepared to just call a locksmith, it's just my intrigue and curiosity wanting more info.

Thank you.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Kiwimutt1

Kiwimutt1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Here's the Photos...

Last edited: 14 Dec 2016
  4. Gazman16

Gazman16

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local