Need some wood cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And I'm a novice at all this so desperately need help. I've got a broken pine bed slat which I need to replace, and my question is, will someone like Travis Perkins, B&Q or Homebase cut me, say, four pieces to my specifications, and how much can I expect to pay? Help much appreciated as I'm afraid to sleep in my own bed!

Sponsored Links
Not sure about Travis Perkins or Homebase but the larger B+Q stores that have a cutting service will do you the first 4 cuts for free. It will just cost you for the wood which should be well under a tenner.

B&Q stores tend to only have Wall Saws for cutting panels/sheets. I would go to a local timber yard, they would be able to cut the timber to size and plane finish it as well.

Sponsored Links
Just go into any normal timber yard. They have all the necessary machinery to cut what ever you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back