need to repaint ceiling with water marks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello does anyone know the best product to use on a ceiling thats got water marks on it from a leak in the bathroom.basically i need to repaint it white but know that these can reappear.with normal paint.thanks in advance. :D

Sponsored Links
ceramix said:
hello does anyone know the best product to use on a ceiling thats got water marks on it from a leak in the bathroom.basically i need to repaint it white but know that these can reappear.with normal paint.thanks in advance. :D

Hi. i had this problem a few years ago, you can buy a product from most DIY stores to seal off the stain, if i recall correctly its sprayed on. it does dry white and can be overpainted which did, i have never seen the stain come trough.

hope this helps

regards

You could try a wood primer or undercoat, it covers other marks.
Hope this helps.
JonB

Sponsored Links
Coat of oil based white indercoat normally does the trick

I find oilbase undercoat works for me, I use it all the time on waterstains, and on nicotene ceilings, its a lot cheaper than the usual products,as long as you cover evey bit of the stain will the undercoat you will be okay. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back