Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
current:
2receptions, hall, kitchen D/S
3bedrooms, 1 bath room U/S
Bosch Worcester cdi Condensing boiler.
cold water taps and toilet mains fed.

All works fine (but usual problem with combi maintianing hot feed to shower if other tap used - rarely happens but is still there)

Nearing completion:
1 extra large "family room"
1 loft conversion bedroom including en suite shower/sink
1 extra bedroom including en suite shower/sink
1 extra closet toilet.

I'm sure this combi will struggle with the hot water demands ??

Best to fit a tank in the loft for cold water distribution and add an immersion in addition to the cobi ?? I'm sure it will cope with the heating as the house is very well insulated and even in the extremes of winter, it never gets past "1" on the dial

Any help / assistance suggestions appreciated

Sponsored Links
What about an unvented hot water system? I don't know a great deal about these other than that they appear to store a large amount of hot water, and deliver it at mains pressure. This is great if you want hotel-style holes-drilled-in-your-head showers, possibly with several going at once.

1) they rely on a decent mains water pressure and flow rate, which you should have seeing as you have a combi

2) they MUST be installed professionally. Not sure if there is anything particularly difficult about installing them, but apparently they are dangerous if installed incorrectly (I have heard that they can explode in these instances, but many things can explode if installed incorrectly so don't let it put you off getting one installed professionally! :LOL: )

3) they are quite large. This is one of their positive points, as it means they can store lots of hot water for several powerful showers at once. But it also means they can be bulky. They are vaguely cylindrical.

I would definitely investigate them, they do appear to be the way ahead for whole-house hot water.

Unvented not good if you have a 15mm rising main though, performance is pretty weedy.

Sponsored Links
yeah, had that mentioned, guess I'll have to run the cold feeds from a tank in the loft as keeping the colds mains fed will reduce the pressure of the hot .... I have a new loft now the double height extension has been built, but didn't want to clog it up with a tank ! Just got rid of one from the other loft !

any other suggestions ??

Just seen the above post.... Worse feed than 15mm.... Fed on crusty old LEAD !!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back