needles

G

george765

Hi,
I am fitting a 3m lintel soon using 3 acro props each side. What can I use as needles ?
I don't have materials laying about so will probably have to buy something so could someone give me an idea of what I could use (with size) that wouldn't break the bank.
cheers
diygeorge

Sponsored Links
Should really have more info, whats above, what are you needling, material.
We have some box steels 150x50 approx that we use.
Depending on the load could use 8x2 or maybe 2x 6x2 bollted together?
All depends on the weight. I would also stick an extra acro up each side while your at it! What are your acros sitting on? :confused:

We tend to use 3x2 timber doubled up, so that the needle can fit through the depth of a single course, so you only need to take one brick out, and can rebuild after, bar just one brick not three

Or use a couple of 4x2's nailed together. The wider timber section goes vertically not flat!

Either way, keep the needles as short as possible, but allow for room to get the beam in

Sponsored Links
Strongboys are great provided the logistics of the job allow.

However, on many steel installations, the only practical way is to use 6' long needles, thus distancing the acros, in order to achieve wiggling space for the beam.

Good info, very helpful.
thanks all
This forum is the dogs dangleys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back