Neff Electric Hob element replacment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone assist me please?

I have an old Neff Hob with a faulty 1200w element. I bought a replacment from BSH and when it arrived, the actual thermoswitch on the unit is slightly differrent to the original. I transferred all the wires one by one very carefully from the existing , but when I turned the ring on, the breaker popped.

So, obviously the wiring config is changed.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know where I can find one to enable me to correct the wiring ?

The new element is ego Hilight 10.54113.034 and it has a built in thermo switch with four connections on it.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Your element is either a three wire or four wire hotplate. Therefore if the wires are colour coded look at one of the other 3 elements and you will see the correct combination of placement of the colours.

AF

Thanks, but all the wires are cloth type and dont appear to be anything but white. The braiding does have marking running thru it that looks like one stripe or two depending on whether is Live or Neutral.

Ive been trying to find a drawing of the element so I can see the internal connections and work it out, but no luck, so I have resorted to taking the old one apart. Once I figure that out I will be able to mimic it on the new one with an Avo and a heat source to make the N/O and N/c contacts operate.

The Hob is a four ring unit, and its about 15 years old, but it works just fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back