Neighbours garden office lose of light ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The people who bought the house next to me want to put a garden office in at the back of the garden, it will go right up to the fence (boundary), at the end of my garden next to it is my green house and veg patch. The garden office the neighbour wants will effectively block off most of the light that came into my greenhouse and veg patch.

Looking at the rules apperently he can he build his garden office right up the boundary is that correct and if its within 1 meter it can't be any higher than 2.5m ? Also do I have any come back on the lose of the light part of it ?

I liked my green house and veg patch :unsure:

Sponsored Links
yes 2.5m is correct
have you asked them about possibly moving it or at least expressed you concernes

is there garden crowded ?? they can only cover 50% off the origional garden area as the house was built or as the footprint in1948

50% includes sheds extensions garages decking
also they must not use it for sleeping without planning permission

best talk to them first and look for a solution :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back