neighbours roof...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
im looking for alittle advice or help with the neighbours roof..
we currently live in a semi..private..while our neighbour is.. council..
the local council is currently renovating roofs in the area..
the roof is tiled..60yr old..
the council want my consent to reroof the council half with ..sorry dont know what there called.. with approx16"x12"tile with ridges on them and grey brown..interlocking
not only will this look awful against my 5"x5"black tiles im worried about them removing tiles and disturbing my roof..
they have said they will repair any damage to my roof!!
also how do they bond the to tiles together to make a weather proof seal..
am i right to ask the council for a5yr guarantee against there work if proven leaks etc occur in this time frame thanks.. :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't worry too much as this is done quite regular, they normally use a fibreglass flat valley type down the centre of the semi wall. I don't know what the condition of your roof tiles but have you thought about asking them to give you a quote for yours as you may get a big discount for making their life easier? Just a thought.

Before any work starts I would take pictures of your roof and also get them to sign something to say that your roof is in good/bad condition.

Once the work has started it will be your word against theirs, if any damage occurs.

I agree with "masona" about getting a discount price for your roof, at some stage your's will need doing and this would be the ideal opportunity to get a better price.

Salem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back