New boiler quote, do they need to replace the gas pipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.. my first post here..

I've just had a quote for a new boiler from BG, but along with the boiler they have said that I also need to replace the gas pipe from the main inlet to the boiler, as the regulations have changed since the current one was installed (1987ish) and a wider pipe needs to be run.

However none of the other two quotes I got said anything about this needing to be done.

Have the regs changed? or is this just BG after a bigger job?

Sponsored Links
It depends on the size / type of boiler they quoted you for, if it is a higher kw rating it may require repiping. There is a calculation for the size of the gas supply pipe though and if it is too small it will give you problems and can be very dangerous.

As said the size depends on the imput/output of the boiler ,most combi boilers will require at least a 22mm pipe ,nothing to do with a change in regs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back