New Boiler - suggestions please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I need to replace my boiler and want to take the opportunity to upgrade to a Combi Boiler (I currently use a system boiler with a separate water heater) - current boiler is a "Potterton Netaheat Profile LPG, fanned balanced flue gas fired boiler" - fed from an LPG tank in my garden).

My current boiler appears underpowered for the BTU of the house and I believe I need a boiler with output of 120,000 BTU. - I would welcome any suggestions - I was also thinking of upgrading to a condensing Combi boiler but have no idea whether it is worth the extra expense.

Thoughts welcome!!

Sponsored Links
if you enjoy alot of hot water I wouldnt recommend a combi. They are not good for large houses/families and are generally a space saving option for flats(i.e. getting an extra cuboard). You mentioned you have a garden so I would upgrade with what you already have

A combi is not always an upgrade, larger properties require standard system you have already.

Sponsored Links
prob needs advice on another new boiler by now
lol-034.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back