1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

New Boiler Timer

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by copernicus, 28 Apr 2011.

1. copernicus

copernicus

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have replaced my EP2002 timer with an EP200. The EP2002 backplate had 5 connections with terminals 1 and 5 linked. Yellow and Red wires on terminals 3 & 4 respectively (nothing on terminal 2).

The new timer only has 4 connections where the yellow wire goes to terminal 4 for CH and the red wire goes to terminal 3 for HW.

Do I need to link any of the terminals as I think that the HW is by passing the motorised valve and causing the radiators to get warm.

Any ideas on this???

2. Whitespirit66

Whitespirit66

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Are you saying that you have replaced the Potterton EP2002 with a Salus EP200?

What system have you got, is it fully pumped with 3 port valve?

3. Sponsored Links
  4. copernicus

copernicus

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes, replaced the ep2002 for an ep200. Fully pumped system but maybe two port valve. Is there a difference on the wiring?

5. MrGassafe2011

MrGassafe2011

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    See below :

N = Neutral
    L = Live
    1 = HW OFF
    2 = CH OFF
    3 = HW ON
    4 = CH ON
    E = Earth

Hope this helps !

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links