New downstairs toilet (drainage question)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to put a new toilet and sink in the down stairs of my house.

I have a utility room, which backs onto a garage. I intend to build the toilet room between the utility room and garage, so it will have no outside window.

I will vent the room via a 110mm pipe and electric fan to the rear of the property.

As it is not possible to get on the existing soil pipe, I don’t want to dig up the concrete floor and run the risk of damaging the damp course, I intend to run a new pipe from the toilet, through the utility room at just above skirting board and outside. The inspection chamber is outside the utility room. I intend to dig down the side of the inspection chamber and put the pipe through the brickwork, just above one of the existing clay outlets (one for the soil pipe and one from the outside drain by the kitchen).

I would also like to put a washing machine in the utility room and if the waste from this could be introduced to the soil pipe somewhere I would be grateful.

It all sounds fine and dandy to a layman, but I thought I would run it pass people here.

I do not wish to use a saniflow.

Grateful for any advice.

Regards

Mike MS

Sponsored Links
sounds fine and dandy to me.

although......

.........is there any way of extending the external drainage from the existing i.c., which is currently outside the utility, up to the outside of the new toilet location?

you could then build a new external mini inspection chamber and run the loo into that via an external stub stack.

Noseall.

Thank you for the advice.

The existing IC is only about 4 ft from where the new soil pipe will exit the house. I am sorry but I have not fully understood what you are trying to suggest. Would it be worth having two IC's so near each other? I will have to have a think about your suggestion. I will probably wake up in the middle of the night now. :D

Regards

Mike MS

Sponsored Links
Midnight already??

You mean leave the existing IC alone and cut a new one into the sever pipe.

I think this would be beyond my capability. And I could upset a lot of people if it went wrong!!!

Regards

Mike MS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back