New house central heating question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just had an offer accepted on my first house however I the house does not have central heating upstairs its just downstairs. I am going to view the house again with a heating expert but I just wanted to know how many btu's is needed to heat 5 radiators, at the moment there is 2 downstairs but obviously i would want to add another 3 upstairs, 2 in the bedrooms and 1 in the bathroom. Its a small terraced house so i was just wondering if anyone knew

1) how much it is likely to be to just extend the heating upstairs and fit 3 radiators

many thanks

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
ask your expert to do it .From here it requires a crystal ball, or @ least a copy of the agent`s details ;)

Approx 35,000 btu for the five rads but its all depenent on size of rooms & heat loss, If theres a combi it will be min 80,000 btu so no worries but if traditional boiler ya gona need another 12,000 approx 4 the cylinder as well. Cost would relate to how existing pipes r run .£600 - £1000 . How longs a piece of string?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back