New Kitchen - Waste pipe advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are currently building a new extension which will allow us to double the size of our Kitchen. I have designed it so that the new sink is in a similar position to the existing one.
We currently have a grey 40mm pipe coming up through the conrete floor and into the sink (1.5 boal sink). There is a T pipe leading off to a washing machine and dishwasher. Each of these have vertical pipes with traps in the bottom that the outlet hose pokes into the top of.
The waste pipe goes through the floor and into a 'hopper' outside (water falls about 300mm before going into something like a bottle trap underground - not sure on name for this)

The new kitchen design will still have a sink, dishwasher and washing machine feeding into the same waste pipe, although with probably a 2m longer run of pipework.

How should I link these together, use similar upright pipes with built in traps or the push on type connectors with a jubilee clip?

Push fit or solvent connections?

Any other advice?

Sponsored Links
hi paul, personally i'd use solvent weld pipe-extremely rare to get a leak on that stuff,also i would use a seperate waste for dishwasher and washing machine ie one each preferably upstand and trap or one upstand and one onto sink trap nozzle-if you put the two onto one waste you run the risk,however small, of flooding the kitchen

hodge

i personally am not a fan of concealing waste pipes that are prone to handling sludgy or greasy waste.

if the opportunity arises, i advise customers that an external drain gulley coupled with the pipes running directly outside into the gulley, is a far more accessible and maintainance friendly option.

Sponsored Links
I appreciate the comments, not exactly pretty having pipes through the outside wall though......

But as I am installing integrated appliances it may be by far the simplest answer!

Once the existing kitchen it out I will have a good look and see what seems the best option.
We have never really had any problems in the 17years the existing pipework has been installed and I will make sure the new stuff is better installed (Certainly there will be less 90 degree joins which will help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back