New kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst fitting the above, I was drilling the the 2mm guide holes for supporting screws (from front to back) in the Dining Room which has a Laminate floor. It moved a bit obviously (the cabinet not the floor) and I thought that the cabinet was being a bit stubborn so gave the drill a bit more pressure, then wondered why stuff was coming off the Dining room table.

The Words Oh F*** sprang to mind as I looked up and discovered that I was so close to the Table (which is antique oak veneer) that I had drilled into the lip. This was a present from My Mother in law when we moved, and I've still yet to tell her! or the insurance company :oops:

The table cloth was a one off as well, from spain, but the replacement from Cyprus was five times the price! :(

Sponsored Links
There's this fabulous new invention called a portable folding workbench, although (in much the same manner as Biro and Hoover) people often use the name of one particular make to refer to the generic product, i.e. "Workmate". You should look into them.

Methinks Ban's post has a touch of sarcasm added. Workmates were introduced in the 70's........

:LOL:

ban-all-sheds said:
in much the same manner as Biro and Hoover) people often use the name of one particular make to refer to the generic product

Funny how we don't call all cars "Benz", and trains "Trevithicks". They could have been on to something there.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Is the 'KANGO Hammer' dead ???

Used one for 'chasing' in the '60's !!!

Hard graft, overhead !! Soon learned to attach polystyrene to concrete 'shuttering' built in chasing !!!
Prompted me to become a Mech engineer !!! House / building bashing be bu - - gered !!

Whoops ! that is sad !!

P

Not dead - Kango lives on as a brand owned by another company. I meant it didn't do the original company any good.

Nah, he's gone on strike and is blocking the road ;)

Perhaps the name should be changed to "Ban-toutes-les-sheds" for the time being?

Sadly I have now returned.

Unscathed.

I say sadly, for despite the dubious electrics, I am actually quite partial to the South of France.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back