New push flush toilet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased a new bathroom suite,the problem being the new button flush toilet cistern,sits on the toilet pan,in doing so this makes the soil pipe for the toilet to be in the wrong place,and the cistern to be about 6 to 8 inches away from the wall,is their any way i can modify the soil pipe so it makes the toilet cistern to be able to be fixed to the wall?like the prevous toilet or do i fix the new toilet where the old one was,which would work,and have the whole toilet 6-8 inches away from the wall,which is what i dont want?

Sponsored Links
Depends on what the soil pipework does (e.g. straight through wall, 90 degree bend into floor, etc.) and what it's made off.

The soil pipe that comes off the toilet, into the sewer and its made of plastic

I said:
Depends on what the soil pipework does (e.g. straight through wall, 90 degree bend into floor, etc.)
Can you answer the question?

Sponsored Links
A multiquick may do the job but depends on the layout of the soil pipe.
As Chris says, more info or post a pic.

Not trying to steal your thunder Chris. :oops:

You're welcome Bahco. I was getting a bit exasperated with this one - I'll leave it to you. ;)

The plastic pipe to the sewer...through the wall behind pan ..or into the floor :?: Makes a difference :confused:

I had exactly the same problem with mine. Fortunately I was redoing the floor at the same time and found that the soil pipe moves a fair bit so I just pushed it back. :!: Make sure it doesn't come out of the main vertical pipe though or you will be in deep doodah - literally!

DIYIdoit said:
I had exactly the same problem with mine. Fortunately I was redoing the floor at the same time and found that the soil pipe moves a fair bit so I just pushed it back. :!: Make sure it doesn't come out of the main vertical pipe though or you will be in deep doodah - literally!
It`ll only move if a joint is loose :oops: :LOL:

It doesn't slide it...it...it swings.

Mine goes down and then to the right (no dressing jokes please) so you can slightly bend the pipe backwards and forwards.

:oops:
I have the same problem. I bought a new close coupled wc, to replace a cloakroom set where the existing wc has a s trap into the floor waste pipe (think its cast iron or clay big size with something like plumbers mate around the edge). I have not removed the old toilet yet and have taken measurements and I need a toilet with 235mm depth from the end of the new toilet soil exit pipe (which is big !). Why oh why do suppliers not mention these vital measurements before they sell us the stuff (hint large DIY stores :evil: ).

You can buy an adapter called a conQ or something, it's the same as a standard right angle adapter but in the shape of a question mark so it goes out from the outlet and then back in on itself slightly so the WC can sit a bit further back. It didn't work on mine however as the rear of the base of the WC stuck out nearly as much as the outlet (it had a big a5s). They're about £10 ish.

I aslo thought mine was clay - turned out to be plastic!

I tried a swan neck type connector but it doesn`t fit correctly because the toilet flares out a little at the back. I think I will probably need to get another low level toilet to replace and use the close coupled one for upstairs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back