New Roof...what type??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello..

We have just purchased a flat roof property and the current felt roof has come to the end of its life..

We have had a quote from a local roofer who quoted for a high performance felt system... tecknotorch 2000 first layer venting base layer, elastometric 250 second layer fully bonded in bitumen and green mineral capp sheet??? It doent mean much to me other than it will cost 3k..

I have seen these rubber roofs advertised??? Firstly can anyone say if the quote is for ok'ish materials and secondly should we shop around for a rubber roof???

Help!! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
pcjenks said:
should we shop around for a rubber roof???
doesn't really matter what you are buying always "shop around" get at least 3 quotes

Price you pay will depend on the area you need to cover, the condition of the deck boards, removal of the existing material - oh, and the area in which you live.

As breezer said, spend the time and get several quotes, but remember the cheapest is not always the best.

FWIW, I am having an EDPM Firestone flat roof fitted to a wedge shaped area of 19 sq. metres for a cost of £800. Bear in mind that this is for new build and I have already put the deck boards in place. I went for the rubber roof as it is laid in one piece and comes with an insurance backed 20 year warranty.

Hope this helps

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Technitorch 2000 flat roof will cost u about 25-35 pound a square metre depending on where u live.(but no more and without decking)

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back