new section

Sponsored Links
For some reason idle and pointless curiosity engaged me.

Did you know that this was the oldest thread in this forum with no replies?

And that 13 years ago I must have known what it was about, as I thanked Breezer for it?

[PS] Yes, I do have better things to do. [/PS]

Did you know that this was the oldest thread in this forum with no replies
I've no idea how long it's been the case, but during the 5 or so years I've been contributing to this forum, it has been extremely rare, probably almost unknown, for a thread to get no replies at all. Even if it's been posted in the wrong forum, there is usually at least one response to that effect.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
during the 5 or so years I've been contributing to this forum, it has been extremely rare, probably almost unknown, for a thread to get no replies at all
I wonder if there's a reason for that correlation?
I rather doubt it. If you look, I think you'll find that it's relatively unusual for me to be the first responder.

Kind Regards, John

85016c564731ac9f112ad33b3a7fc4fe653d4fe4_r.gif

It's pretty common for you to be the last though!
"Impressions" (often aka 'what one would like to be the case') are often wrong! ....

Of the last 100 threads (four pages of index), I have been the first respondent in 1/100 cases and the final respondent (so far) in 5/100.

Given your recent statements about what you consider "quite likely" to mean, I suppose you might regard 5/100 as being "pretty common", but I doubt many others would. However, if there is a consensus that 5/100 is "pretty common", then you aren't far behind me, being the last respondent (so far) in 4 of those 100 threads :)

Kind Regards, John

That reminds me of the advice my best man gave on my wedding day.

He said that for a successful marriage, a husband should always have the last words in an argument.
Those words being
"Yes dear!"

I've no idea how long it's been the case, but during the 5 or so years I've been contributing to this forum, it has been extremely rare, probably almost unknown, for a thread to get no replies at all. Even if it's been posted in the wrong forum, there is usually at least one response to that effect.
There are 909 with no reply, 120 on your watch. Some will be locked, but most are still open and devoid of answers.

Feel free.... :ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back