New system requirements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is getting on and I'd like to get rid of the power shower pumps and the water tanks.

The CH was new 14 years ago and the pipes / rads get a yearly flush out and an inhibitor added in. It's a y-plan system.

So would the following be the ideal design and if so what products would be best?

* Keep all the current pipe work and subject to a power flush add in a 30kw condensing boiler and a 170 litre pressurised HW tank.

or

* 30kw combi condensing boiler (boiler near to kitchen sink / washing machine) and give the upstairs (2 showers, 1 bath, 3 sinks) a HW feed to a pressurised HW tank

Both options (I believe) would work and that Y-plan would be a simple adjustment for both, am I right in thinking both solutions would do away with indirect CW tank and the CH top up tank. Or would the standard non combi boiler still require a header tank for the CH.

Does either system require any major re-plumbing other than the waste pipe for the condenser and a safety flow for the pressured HW tank?

Last bit what would be the downtime, could the job be done HW 1st on the old boiler and then add the new boiler later.

Help!! (and ta for any :) )

Sponsored Links
second option would be easier and cheaper. first option wouldnt need 30kw i would expect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back