new toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just laid a new bathroom floor (removed old floorboards) but I have a number of questions relating to the toilet:

1) should I lay the ceramic tiles first (on top of the chipboard) then put the toilet on them or cut tiles around toilet?
2) the joist are not straight and even with the new tongued and grooved chipboard the floor slopes a little going downwards away from the toilet, will the toilet work ok, or should I pack the toilet out, my least favourate option as the last toilet looked awful but was mounted on the rickety old floorboards.
3) not a nice question, where the previous owners has peed on the floor for a number of years I guess the joist had become affected with the smell. the worst has gone do you think a squirt of jeyes disinfectant will be sufficient to get rid of the smell.

Many regards in advance.

Sponsored Links
I would put the toilet on top of the tiles as it looks better with sealant as well providing you made allowance for the toilet pipe as you will be coming up a bit higher.

As for the smelly wood I would renew it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back