NEW TURFED LAWN-YELLOW PATCHES HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I had my lawn returfed last October. The grass has taken nicely and is growing strong. In serveral patches, however, there is a different species of grass which is more course and yellow than the rest of the lawn.

I am guessing that this was caused by uneven seeding on the turf farm. When I cut these patches they look c*rap compared to the great fininsh on the rest of the lawn. This is because this courser grass seems change from root to leaf at a higher level.

Can I cure this by cutting these parts out and re turfing them, or by reseeding?

It there any other way of fixing this, or will the different species mix in time and become less drastic?

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
Mattayscough said:
Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

Matt

images

is easier than re seeding

Cut them out and reseed. Coarser grasses are more aggressive than the finer grasses, they will take over your lawn.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back