New Year's honours list

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New Year's honours list
what's this all about? it reminds me of how the russians used to lavish privilege on their sportsmen for winning and sending the losers off to siberia, the cricket team that brought back the ashes, what do you think the Australians will be thinking about them being awarded? I wonder if they get awarded for all the times they win? I think its vulgar and would get ride of it.
I like Tom Jones and was really pleased for him when he got his come back but he's been rewarded enough already, Seb co :evil: he'll disappear up his own ars.

Sponsored Links
The New Year's honours list should goes to people to give up their time voluntary of helping others & giving money away for charity not overpaid stars who do it for a living, example what did Mick Jagger got one for, wasn't for sex and drug was it?

My new year honours list would be people like Bill Gate, Chris Evan & others who had given millions away to charity.

Look at Paul McCartney, the first ever richest pop star in the world, nearly a billionaire, what the point, he could never spend it, seem to forget the people who made him rich :evil:

masona said:
My new year honours list would be people like Bill Gate, Chris Evan & others who had given millions away to charity.

Are they related to Bill Gates and Chris Evans?

Dave Gilmour gave a million to the homeless.

joe

Tom Jones has the forehead of a Klingon.

Gordon Ramsey got the award for being a foul-mouthed bully.

The whole thing should be scrapped.

joe

Sponsored Links
Mick Jagger for his services to asstronomy......exploring Mars :rolleyes:

Richardp said:
New Year's honours list
what's this all about? it reminds me of how the russians used to lavish privilege on their sportsmen for winning and sending the losers off to siberia, the cricket team that brought back the ashes, what do you think the Australians will be thinking about them being awarded? I wonder if they get awarded for all the times they win? I think its vulgar and would get ride of it.
I like Tom Jones and was really pleased for him when he got his come back but he's been rewarded enough already, Seb co :evil: he'll disappear up his own ars.

so does that mean if england win the ashes every other time they play they all get get the cbe's mbe's abc's or whatever :?:

poshman said:
Richardp said:
New Year's honours list

so does that mean if england win the ashes every other time they play they all get get the cbe's mbe's abc's or whatever :?:

coming second is usually enough to receive an honour in this country :oops:

masona said:
joe-90 said:
masona said:

eh?

Ignore him Masona, he's an ignorant little gobs****, he's having a go because you typed their names as singular and left off the S's

It just points to the sort of society we live in where celebrities are high up on peoples list and the real workers/carers are forgotten or drift into obscurity, wonder how long before a contestant from big brother gets a gong?

Im not against people being honoured for certain deeds.but just for doinf a job they are paid for???.......... b******s!

Services to the community!!??........whats that all about?...whoever we are...what ever we do...we are ALL serving someone in some shape or form.

It's true, I think you have to be a celebrity to get recognised these days.

My grandmother is a case in point... when she retired she started doing a few hours a week as a volunteer on the Red Cross tea-bar at Grantham hospital. Within about a year she was "promoted" to stock co-ordinator, which basically meant as well as her regular duties she drove to the cash and carry once a week to buy everything. As time went on she became "rota co-ordinator" as well, and out of her own pocket bought an electric typewriter to write up the rotas and send them to about 50 volunteers.

She is now chairman in charge of the tea bars for the entire of lincolnshire, and last year bought a £900 computer and asked me to teach her how to e-mail etc (which she took to like a duck to water, even at the age of 63!).

Her reward for this? £15 a week "expenses" for petrol and telephone calls. She's working at least as many hours as I do, some weeks more. In fact, she's the only unpaid manager within Lincolnshire Red Cross.

I just hope that when I reach her age, I'd be happy enough to put in that much effort, for that little recognition or thanks.

david and julie said:
masona said:
joe-90 said:
masona said:

eh?

Ignore him Masona, he's an ignorant little gobs****, he's having a go because you typed their names as singular and left off the S's
Thanks David, yes I do know about it now, I'm still learning because of my problem, I know I'm not perfect but I do try unlike Joe who pick on members online and get away with it, is a bully, cowards and a very weak person. Joe will never understand people feeling because he need serious psychological help.

ps: welcome back David and a happy new year!

Hey Maso, don't concern yourself ..... just remember the what caused your Sig: I was there and I agree with your sentiment.. I do not forget. I think Dave will know what I mean too. ( unless I have it all wrong ).
:D :D :D

kendor said:
It just points to the sort of society we live in where celebrities are high up on peoples list and the real workers/carers are forgotten or drift into obscurity, wonder how long before a contestant from big brother gets a gong?
its another part of this subservience that has got a grip on society, royalty and celebrity we have an insatiable appetite for it, its not dignified.

Sponsored Links
Back