NHS waitin and waitinnnnnnnn

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
C

confidentincompetent

Hurt me shoulder in january... decided to go to doc's sometime in february. sent me for x ray... two weeks later goes back for results.. all ok bone wise, but gave me injection in shoulder and said he would refer me for more tests etc... Today, six weeks later, letter arrives telling me how to phone up and make an appointment of my choice :eek: So I aint even on anybodys waitin list :confused: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Welcome to Blair's country, my son is waiting for a Hospital since last November & got to make a phone call in 14 weeks time for a appointment :eek:

1997: We have 48hrs to save the NHS, after 10 yrs in power over 5000 people died in Hospital per year from MRSA :eek:

1998: Everyone will have a NHS Dentist by 2002. :eek: In my area over 9,000 people cannot get NHS Dentist :eek:

1982: The European Economic Community takes away Britain's freedom to follow the sort of economic policies we need.

2005:I am a passionate pro-European. I always have been.

Have a guess what Blair is doing this week? We will not get a vote on EU as promised so he's going to sign it all away and sell England down the river on because he want to be EU boss.

Blair is a very very self centre lying sick man, I cannot wait for 3rd May local election. I wish voters go out to vote than sit at home whinging

Look at the mess of Iraq war, I can't go on, I can't find anything that this government done good

My local dentist asked me to sign on my dental record card the other day. It had been stamped with "i have read and understood the proposed changes to the dental service and i disagree with them" words to that effect. Some rubbish about wanting to change the system and having longer waiting lists, higher charges etc. I dont see how it can get much higher. I already pay £15.90 for a 5 minute checkup every 6 months / year and have to phone up 3 months in advance for an appointment. :eek:

Just been onto the NHS website, looked up my dentist, it says this:

This Dental Practice is

NOT Currently Accepting New Fee Paying NHS Patients
NOT Accepting New Charge Exempt Adults for NHS Treatment
NOT Accepting New Children Aged 0-18 years for NHS Treatment
DOES NOT Provide Urgent Dental Access Slots

Does this mean that if i have just moved into the area, i cannot register with them unless i go private???

Crafty said:
My local dentist asked me to sign on my dental record card the other day. It had been stamped with "i have read and understood the proposed changes to the dental service and i disagree with them" words to that effect. Some rubbish about wanting to change the system and having longer waiting lists, higher charges etc. I dont see how it can get much higher. I already pay £15.90 for a 5 minute checkup every 6 months / year and have to phone up 3 months in advance for an appointment. :eek:
This is what's mostly happening all over the UK, the system you're talking about is called Denplan, 5 difference direct debit payments depending how good the condition your teeth are which starts £18 per month. I have a very close friend who I play sport with is a dentist and says, I'm now working less hours and my pay has treble. I now have to travel 9 miles to my nearest NHS Dentist and yet they are thinking about going to Denplan system. :mad: In some area you can't get any Dentist at all :eek:

Sponsored Links
ive been waiting 9 months to have my wisdom teeth out.....at this rate they will fall out before they get round to it.

Mrs. having a dental bridge ........£2500 :eek: good job it`s her money.......a bridge too far for me ...I`m having falsies @ £500.........when I get round to it :LOL:

You both need:

tuitround.jpg

Crafty said:
how it can get much higher. I already pay £15.90 for a 5 minute checkup every 6 months / year and have to phone up 3 months in advance for an appointment. :eek:

lucky sod... My dentist after 20 yrs changed hands. A letter came telling me I was in effect being dumped as a NHS patient.. and had to go on a denplan some thing like £25 a month :rolleyes: No more NHS dentists round here.25 miles is nearest. so went to another practice...out of spite. last checkup was £35.. if i wanted a scrape.& polish. thats another £45 :rolleyes: But hey thats with the Hygenist. :eek: .. dentists dont scrape & polish no more ... :( No doubt a labour spinner will be writin in local paper sayin dental health is getting better more coming on stream every day (pre local election dribble)...

My denist is a jack of all mouth trades lol. I've seen him since i was a wee nipper. all my fillings done by him (quite a few :oops: ), my orthodontic work done by him, and i see him every 6-12 months for a checkup! He has a lot of letters after his name.

confidentincompetent said:
Hurt me shoulder in january...

i injured my shoulder 5 years ago could hardly move it, let alone lift anything, had x-ray nothing, couple of months later a couple of courses of physio which consisted of a half an hour class every other week told you what exercises to do and sent you on ur way. still no joy, and basically nothing they could do.

shoulder settled down, about a year later could harldy move my arm again, went to private physio and they said the injury could take 3 years of an hour's intense workout per week, and regular exercises to get anyware near normal. hmm 40 quid an hour i don't think so.

so light weights on it, has got it stable still hurts when it's cold though, i see so many people with the same problems all around the rotator cuff and they all had the same treatment off NHS, back pain is the same. maybe if i had a differant passport i'd get better treatment??? :rolleyes:

Crafty said:
all my fillings done by him (quite a few :oops: )
Crafty do you ever wonder like I do whether all the fillings were actually necessary or just an excuse to claim money off the health service?

Crafty said:
Just been onto the NHS website, looked up my dentist, it says this:

This Dental Practice is

NOT Currently Accepting New Fee Paying NHS Patients
NOT Accepting New Charge Exempt Adults for NHS Treatment
NOT Accepting New Children Aged 0-18 years for NHS Treatment
DOES NOT Provide Urgent Dental Access Slots

Just looked up mine...

This Dental Practice is

Currently Accepting New Fee Paying NHS Patients
Accepting New Charge Exempt Adults for NHS treatment
Accepting New Children aged 0-18 years for NHS treatment
Provides Urgent Dental Access Slots

Thats what happens when you live in the third world Crafty ;) You should move to civilisation... :LOL:

Our local PCT has almost 60 dentists listed, there are only 20 that aren't accepting new patients.

This Orthodontic Service provides

NHS treatment for the re-alignment of teeth and jaws

Our local pub runs a scheme for the re-alignment of teeth and jaws - its called Saturday night...

BoxBasher said:
Our local PCT has almost 60 dentists listed, there are only 20 that aren't accepting new patients.

Which isn't bad when the geographical area is 60 square miles.

I just put them in order of which are accepting new patients in Doncaster PCT. It seems ther are two practices accepting new patients, out of about 30.

One is the dental unit at Mexbrough Hospital, the other is a small practice in the back end of Conisbrough, both about 10 miles from my house.

The one I attend is a 2 minute walk from my house.

What a dreadful state of affairs. :(

Sponsored Links
Back