NICEIC Domestic Installer Querie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fellas,
This is a question mainly for niceic domestic installers.
Just got my application forms back to send off the relevant paperwork ie; qualifications, public liability and my two address for the works examples.

Now my query is?
There is a separate piece of paper that details the schemes levels ABC

Full Scope level A covers all the domestic work carried out and the other two are for limited trades, ie: kitchen fitters, plumbers, etc.

It says
"Please note that where only minor electrical installation work is available at the assessment visit, the business will be registered with level C approval"

My examples are, a security light off a fused spur, and an extra socket, both with minor works certificates filled out and tested.

Can NICEIC Domestic Installers shed any light on this?

Sponsored Links
Think about it for a moment. If the only jobs you have inspected are of this scale, how can an assessor reach a decision about your competence to change a consumer unit or carry out a rewire?

You have to show work which demonstrates, as far as possible, the range of work you normally carry out. In your shoes I'd pick at least one proper job to show.

A 'major works' job and a 'minor works' job is what theyre after...

your best bet is to ring the NICEIC and speak to somebody there regarding the domestic installer scheme - they will tell you what they would class as minor work, major work and what their assessors will expect of you...the only thing they wont tell you is obviously how to do it and how to test it.

for example....

you might run power to a garage for your major works and for your minor works you may run a spur off a ring main.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back