no central heating potterton suprema

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
i have no heating and no pilot light showing through window on boiler could someone kindly help/advise sorry if i sound a bit vague

Sponsored Links
It doesn't have a permanent pilot. What lights are on?

thanks for replies,no i didn't try to reset it but i have just gone back down to check boiler and did not notice that where it says reset that actually is a push button to do just that! and presto it's fired up and seems to be working!
regarding the light indicator(temperature)before trying your suggestion it was just flashing,if all is ok now after your kind help could you tell what might of happen to the boiler in the first place?
happy new year guys

Sponsored Links
sounds like it has the original dodgy pcb, if it has only needed resetting once so far cross your fingers

the new design pcb is availible alot cheaper on ebay, i know a few people who have brought of there, and had no probs at all, but as ollski said, cross ur fingers :LOL:

had lockout problem recently on suprima 60 as it was on its second card,i thought i would look at old card for dry joints ,as in both cases of problem both being the same ie thermostat calls for heat, pump kicks in then boiler fires up ,apart from boiler does not fire up then locks out, now this would normally happen if the boiler senses that the pump is not working ,but in my case it is ok,looked at wiring diagram in manual and traced it back to feed on pcb j8 plug in connection point 5pin point,yellow wire ,which had a dry joint on reverse of card (the feed from the pump) resoldered and now working fine...old card no 407750 new card no 5102160 which was fitted 3 years ago ,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back