1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

No fuel.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stivino, 24 Sep 2021.

1. I don't think people are panic buying. They all need fuel to go about their life's and get to work. Would you not do the same?

My car will sit outside now until its safe to go out again. Inconvenience but I'll live with it.

Lucky my van us nearly full, but I'll look at my week to be economical. Just apologised to a customer as they live out of town so won't be doing....

2. Sponsored Links
  3. I don't think people are panic buying. They all need fuel to go about their life's and get to work. Would you not do the same?

My car will sit outside now until its safe to go out again. Inconvenience but I'll live with it.

Lucky my van is nearly full, but I'll look at my week to be economical. Just apologised to a customer as they live out of town so won't be doing....

4. Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    How can you see long queues, yet not equate that with panic buying?

Not panic buying is a steady flow of vehicles filling up with plenty for all.

5. So if you were running on empty and you see a que for fuel.

Would you.
    • Not join the que.
    • Join and wait
    • Go straight home
    • Not go to work that week
    • Hope to get a home delivery.
    You can pick more than 1

• Like Like x 1
  6. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    You don't mind people knowing that you're a racist who hates foreigners, do you.

7. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Mentioning races and foreign accents is not racist and I don’t like beggars or poncing theives of any nationality - I’ve made that clear on many occasions which you choose to ignore so I’ll remind you. Again. See examples below.

From a locked thread so unable to quote:

"I’ve said it before, I’m not a racist. I hate with equal venom, ponces, theives, thugs of any nationality or race. That clear enough for you. The words 'Eastern European' or 'foreign' are just descriptors of the people I’m talking about. I could use the word 'Ginger' or 'Homosexual' or anything really.
    Still waiting to hear from ANYONE including Notchy, JohnD and sodslaw where I’ve posted those quotes.

Edit. Just waiting for Elly to chip in with a hissy fit and they can shut this thread down which will save you lot from answering a question that you clearly can’t".

Last edited: 26 Sep 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Stivino

Stivino

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    IMG-20210926-WA0000.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Notch7

Notch7

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I’m taking my disabled sister in law to a hospital appointment on Wednesday in South London.

Ive only now got a 1/4 of a tank of diesel which is tight.

what would people recommend - I don’t want to add to the panic buying, but I do need some fuel.

I was thinking of going out on Tuesday morning about 4.00am to buy some?

10. Sponsored Links

11. I was out around that time this morning, no luck. Only 24 hour will be open. Good luck and do what you have to do...

• Like Like x 1
  12. SirGalahad

SirGalahad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I don't think the situation is that bad - do you have a costco membership.

I would keep the car topped up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What are you seem to be suggesting, is that all those joining a queue are near empty and desperate to fill up. Why might that be? Why are they all running out at the same time? In fact most will be buying fuel when they normally wouldn't need to or bother to.

14. When we see Gerry cans piled on the roof and strapped to the back doors, then I'll agree.

We all have our reasons. (My car will remain on the road until the question have gone). Some with half a tank beed a full tank to get them to work for thus coming week.... Blame BP and the media for stoking this up.

15. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'd be tempted to go out late tonight and sit it out. Leave it till Tuesday if you don’t get any tonight. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  16. trazor

trazor

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Went past 2 petrol stations this morning ,7:30 am, open and selling and no queues.

Now most have filled up to the brim, it will all calm down quite quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ellal

ellal

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I see plod has resorted to queue jumping...

Officers said: 'We had to jump the queue, our cars are empty and we can't get to the depot in Romford to refill'

Not that anyone should want to get to Romford, but a bit of advanced planning might not go amiss...

It's a bit like when you go scuba diving...

1/3 of a tank getting there, 1/3 of a tank getting back, and 1/3 of a tank in reserve (y)