no heating, no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, on sunday morning we were awakened by the sound of running water from the radiator in our ensuite bathroom. my husband bled that radiator with the system off until there was no further air coming out. When he put the heating back on sunday evening, none of the upstairs radiators came on at all, though the downstairs radiators still worked. We hadnt got round to looking at it further at that point. Last night then (monday) the downstairs radiators also would not come on and neither would the hot water. Is there anything we can do or should we just get the plumber out?? Thanks for any comments

Sponsored Links
More info is required. What type of boiler ect.
Fom what little you've said it sounds like a combi system and it needs refilling.

Hi, thanks for feedback. Im afraid I dont know an awful lot about it. I think it is a Riello?? OFCH. Hubby bled all radiators, some air came out but water only squirted out of one after, does this mean that there is not enough water in the system? After doing this, the downstairs radiators have now come on but the upstairs ones remain cold

Sponsored Links
If you have a combi boiler it will usually have a pressure gauge and this should read about 1.5 Bar.

If this is the case it needs to be toped up!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back