No hot water but C/H is working fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Getting no hot water but C/H is working fine.

I have a glow-worm spacesaver 50brmk11 and when I put the hot water on the boiler fires up as normal but instead of heating the water my radiators get hot even when the C/H is off ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hammish.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply ChrisR.

Hot water at last :D

I Found the motorised valve as you suggested in the post and gave it a shake, (spur of the moment thing, I think !) but it appears to have worked for now as the water is heating up again. Thanks again.

I noticed that there is a setting on the valve for (regular use or flush only) and was wondering if I followed instructions to flush the system would this solve the problem of the valve sticking, or should I just get a new valve?

Thanks
Hammish.

Sometimes they'll stay unstuck and work fine or years if you leave the mounting screws half a turn loose.
If the spindle is leaking and rusty it'll stick again soon.

Sponsored Links
Good enough for me ChrisR.

You have pointed me in the right direction and I really appreciate your time replying to my post, hopefully the valve will last for another few months yet, so I can recover from the Christmas dept, hehe.

Thanks for your help
Hammish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back