no hot water\central heating pump just replaced

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

my contol panel fuse blew and have jut had brit gas come round and they changed the pump and all was well for an hour :mad:

now there is no heat to radiators and no hot water.The pump is working and is hot but still no hot water\ch

the programmer is still working and lights up

any ideas ?

batterys gone in thermostat ?

Sponsored Links
tomy said:
Airlock????????????

i wasnt here when he came the mrs was and she got him to bleed one of the radiators(upper floor) as it was cold at the top

the system is a back boiler downstairs behind fire place with hot water tank\programmer upstairs.

Faux Gas fire works ok.

How hot should the pump get ?

also when the boler kickes in its only briefly :confused:

would an airlock stop the hot water working ?

its a brit gas pump they fitted if thats any help

what can i do to check if it needs bleeding

thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
im listening to it and its pulling water ok but the pump seems hot.

shame its not doing nowt from there!!!!

Any ideas ?

thanks again

Firstly, TURN OFF THE PUMP because it might be running dry. A sure sign is if the pump is significantly hotter than the surrounding pipework.

Secondly, go into the loft and observe what happens when you bleed air AND a lot of water from one of the radiators. BTW, if you know how to drain the system then do that instead - not completely, just a bucket full.

If the water in the F&E cistern goes down (and get's refilled from the ball valve), then you probably have just an airlock somewhere.

However, if the water in the F&E cistern doesn't go away, then you have a blockage - many past topics have covered what you should do in this case, but come back here if you can't find them.

Thirdly, telephone BG tomorrow and present them with the icy cold anger befitting their incompetence in leaving the system untested.

is it the right way round?
eye_anim.gif
eye_anim.gif

sorry kev, to plaigarise ;)

vic.....how much did they charge u for a pump swap ?

untested...thats really krap.

we can all make mistakes...but untested....thats just krap

we blagged it to a degree BG said £178 to come out inc 1 part or 25 quid or a monthly option 200 central heating cover for a month 1 year contract

this cover is normally £16 a month but because of the fault..... so £300 notes total coverage compared to £178 plus poss more i chose the monthly option

the bloke that came round told the missus the part was 78 note and 85 fitting.

what boils my pi$$ is the pump manual he left behind said flush sytem before fitting and he talking to the mrs he aint done nothing like it

there due back tomorow so ill let you know what happens

as there advert annoyingly says " doing the right thing " :mad: we shall see

luckily my faux gas fire works and i have a couple of electric radiators bought from s@itbase for 20 notes each

current temperture is 25 degrees i just want to have a sodding bath :mad:

I bought a Wilo Gold pump in Wickes last year for about £40, I think. I took about an hour to change it for the old one, but I was lucky because the old one came out fairly easily and there was good access.

ricarbo said:
I bought a Wilo Gold pump in Wickes last year for about £40, I think. I took about an hour to change it for the old one, but I was lucky because the old one came out fairly easily and there was good access.
Not sure what point you're making there ricarbo...

its fixed :) seems there was a bit of crap had blocked the pipe b4 the pump.

The gas man this time turned off something up in the loft and then serviced the boiler(1st service since ive joined the scheme)

he was pedantic as anything moaning that the airbrick in the lounge wasnt right and something was missing above the boiler in the chimney under some regs from 2 years ago.

anyhow its working now and ive had a hot bath the first in 5 days :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back