No hot water...GlowWorm 35F Fuelsaver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi..

Hope somebody can help. I have a GlowWorm 35 F fuelsaver. It's an old conventional boiler running in a low pressure system with a cold water tank. I've recently had the fan changed on the boiler and had it serviced. All was working fine initially and then I began hearing some intermittent banging coming from the pipes. I ignored it at first and then I noticed that whenever the thermostat in the hall was set to below room temperature the banging would start up so I kept the thermostat setting above room temperature.

This kept the problem at bay but I also noticed the banging occured whenever I left the Hot water switch on but turned the Heating switch off at the switchmaster. Now today I've noticed that in addition to the banging problem there is only luke warm water coming out of the hot tap, although the boiler is coming on as usual, radiators are working fine and the pipes to the tank are hot.

Could anyone advise as to what the problem could be and if there is anything I can do to further diagnose it?

Thanks in advance..

Sunny

Sponsored Links
Its a little difficult for me to come to any conclusion from what you have said but would expect it to be one of the following:-

Boiler thermostat sticking on.

Gas valve sticking on ( unlikely but.. )

Pump stopping or running slow.

I wonder is when changing the fan the boiler thermostat sensor has been disturbed?

Tony

Thanks..

that's pointed me in the right direction. I'll get the boiler thermostat and/or the pump checked.

Sponsored Links
Thanks..

that's pointed me in the right direction. I'll get the boiler thermostat and/or the pump checked.

Did you find a solution to your problem? I have exactly the same problem as you. BG engineer says I need my system powerflushed but I've been quoted £800! Id hate to pay that money if a flush is not required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back