no life in the old girl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
turnd on the pc today ahhhhhh no life ,open up the side try again small movement of the fan on cpu and thats it ????// any help appreciaed..

Sponsored Links
You haven't given much away.

Any other fans operating (system/PSU)?
Any leds on the front panel illuminated?
Any indication that the drives are starting up?

When you say "small movement", do you mean that it is spinning slowly or that it moves slightly and then stops?

EDIT.

Ok, you've updated your post. How have you checked the above? Did you use another system? 13 minutes to test, including post time, is pretty impressive.

If you are sure the above are all working and the CPU fan has stopped, then you can pretty much be sure that the cpu is cooked. The status of the motherboard will be unknown.

hi igorian, tested parts on a diffrent unit,when i say the fan moves i mean it turns about a quarter of a turn then dead....oh the speed of the test ...i have about 4 pc all open in parts so hot swaping parts.. cheers tony

Sponsored Links
tonygerm said:
hi igorian, tested parts on a diffrent unit,when i say the fan moves i mean it turns about a quarter of a turn then dead....oh the speed of the test ...i have about 4 pc all open in parts so hot swaping parts.. cheers tony

Ok.

I would think your processor is baked. More often than not, the board will be undamaged, however, I have had instances where both have died.

is thare anyway of testing them without interchanging the components.
for the price of a new mb and processor its not really worth the hassle

thanks again ian

To test the motherboard, you will need a processor (and a new fan). Unless it's something remarkable, probably not worth the bother. Replace both, buy a new system or barebone.

sorted :LOL: found an old processor in amonst the pile of bitts(athlon
) swaped it over all working fine thanks ian for yu help....

Sponsored Links
Back