No power to heated towel rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My heated towel rail has never worked. I've opened the fused connection unit and there's no power at all coming from the mains supply cable. This is running up inside a stud wall between my bathroom and kitchen and I haven't been able to identify exactly where the cable leads to.

Anybody any ideas how I can identify/rectify the fault without having to break into my wall?!

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
start by looking in the fuse board for an unconnected wire or a wire that may have fallen out ( after having turned the main breaker off to be safe of course.. )

if that's a bust, then check all of the sockets in your house, again for a spare or loose cable ( again with the power off ).

if you find a cable out of a socket, it may be that the cable to the towel rail was damaged during installation and the ring it was on was split into 2 radials ( we had to do this in a show flat in tamworth.. we were supposed to be called back once the flats had all been sold to rectify it before selling the show flat but we never were.. )

Thanks for the quick help ColJack.

Couldn't find anything wrong with any of the other sockets/cables so ended up closing off the cable and taking a spur from a kitchen socket. Have now got heat in bathroom!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back