No water to toilet cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Toilet wasn't filling last night so I turned it off at the valve just under the cistern and dismantled the siphon/ballcock and cleaned/checked the washers etc.

While I had the assembly off I gingerly opened the shut off valve again - expecting the water to enter the cistern unopposed. However, there was only a temporary dribble.

If no water is even getting to the system [and the other upstair/downstairs loos are OK], does it point to the shut off valve suddenly becoming clogged?

If so, how can I check it is actually the valve that is blocked and how do I go about isolating the water to get it off for replacing.
[I checked the other upstairs loo and the water fill is not direct mains fed].

Cheers

Homer

Sponsored Links
If yer toilets not mains fed then its got to be tank feed. U should have an isolation gate valve in either the cylinder is or in the loft where it leaves the tank.

You might be able to just poke a bit of wire up it live to dislodge scale etc, live.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
You might be able to just poke a bit of wire up it live to dislodge scale etc, live.

or to dislodge birds, rats etc (dead)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back