Noisy boiler presence of soot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been in my house just over a year now and my boiler has recently developed banging noises following ignition triggred by the thermostat. It is an Ideal W2000 wall mounted gas central heating boiler. sound are reminicsent of someone banging a dinner gong in the kitchen but sadly when i go to investigate there is no food to accompany it?
Seriously though i have investigated further and discovered high presence of soot in side the boiler which i have attempted to hoover out . Thought i had cured it but banging still remains and there is a presence of soot in the air which is getting better but still there.There is also much lime scale/ slime in the expansion tank and the upstaires bathroom radiator frequently needs bleeding.Its this terminal or should i sack the butler?? :rolleyes: :(

Sponsored Links
The presence of soot indicates incomplete combustion :eek: and you should not use your boiler until it has been checked by a Corgi engineer.

Thanks for the reply i will get somone round tomorrow to sort both the boiler & Butler out!
Cheers Phil. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back