noisy oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , can anyone recommend a course of action for a 12 year old Myson Velair Vittesse oil boiler which is generally noisy in operation.A couple of the retarders are scrap and i have recommended replacement but will this reduce the noise or would a chemical additive help ?

Sponsored Links
It generally roars away like an open fire. And another thing is when you close the front panel the burner cuts out .When i arrived the front panel was only half attached and swinging open. I just assumed the owner had left it like this for me but he said it had been like that for a few years now despite having regular services. Most peculiar.

err sounds like its suffering from lack of air when the doors shut!.... surely it has some vents or something that's surposed to draw air in?

Sponsored Links
Very odd.

'cause I'm ignorant i don't know, but if it were a gas boiler I would say it was so poorly I would either have to fix it or cap it off.

Must be different in the oil world.

if the baffles are nadged, then chances are some kerlown has put a too big a nozzle, in the past. and melted em.
i would check noz size, pump press and get a more manageble flame.
yep you also have an air supply prob as well.re front casing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back