noisy pump after cleaning the CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Keston boiler with pressurized CH system. After I cleaned the CH with Fernox Restorer and flushed it then added Fernox Protector, my pump (Grundfos) seemed to get a bit noisier than before (lauder humming noise). I've bled the system several times and it doesn't seem that there is air in it. I've set the pressure to 1.4-1.6 when hot. Any ideas what may cause the pump to be noisier and how to fix it?

Sponsored Links
probably just spinning faster, what speed is it set on? and for how may rads

Sponsored Links
It is set on III for 13 rads but it was on III before when it was not so noisy. I've bled the pump as well when I bled the CH. BTW I've red in some of the previous discussions that if the pump is positioned vertical (like mine) it doesn't have to be bled, but I bled dit anyway. Also i have auto Air vent next to the pump but when i push it there is no air just a pressurized water comes out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back