Noisy TRVs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to Hi-jack this thread, but I have a related question.
I've recently added Fernox superconcentrate Restorer AND Protector to my open vented system and am now experiencing a crackling noise from the TRV's on 4 of my rads (all of which were problem free before adding Fernox).
The noise happens when the heating is on and seems to be when TRV's are suppressing the amount of hot water entering the Rad..Any ideas?

Also, i have some inhibiter laying around in the garage, am I ok to add this to the F/E tank so soon after adding the Fernox or will the mix of chemicals do more harm than good?

Many thanks guys and gals.

++++++++++++++
I am moving your hi-jack
Please read http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/6080278.stm

Mod Rupert
++++++++++++++

Sponsored Links
did the restorer require a drain down after a stated period? (i cant be bovvered to look on Fernox website).

BTW is the restorer a seperate chemical to the protector or are they one product?

(Thanks Rupert for starting a seperate thread)

Bster, yes, Restorer drained down after a couple of hours running the system.
Restorer and Protector are seperate products, I added the protector a few days after the Restorer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back