NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED

B

B.O.B DOLE

you have heard of the back door virus well this is esactally what the americans are doing taking over our country, it now seems to me every
big contract is awarded to the americans and also when tenders are given out like before these where decided in europe but quese what from next year this will all be done in america,mbna bank is being taken over by the bank of america, subway chain snack bars, the list is endless and its all down to gov corruption so like i said in 8 years we will be all american slaves

Sponsored Links
Nah, some of us will be making a killing by trading with plebs.

It's a living. :LOL:

My concern is our language. Did you know it is acceptable to spell words like the Americans do and not be marked down for bad spelling in exams, eg. Aluminum[sic]. Not happy.

Spell checks, sometimes even here, insists on: neighbor, color etc. Makes it very confusing for none-local English like me ;)

Sponsored Links
WoodYouLike

Spell checks, sometimes even here, insists on: neighbor, color etc. Makes it very confusing for none-local English like me
Make settings English English..
Not English USA..

B.O.B DOLE said:
you have heard of the back door virus well this is esactally what the americans are doing taking over our country, it now seems to me every
big contract is awarded to the americans and also when tenders are given out like before these where decided in europe but quese what from next year this will all be done in america,mbna bank is being taken over by the bank of america, subway chain snack bars, the list is endless and its all down to gov corruption so like i said in 8 years we will be all american slaves

Isn't MBNA an American Bank anyway?

Well, we all spelt differently in 1600 to how we do now, and change is getting quicker, so there's no reason that we won't be spelling differently by, say, 2020. We can't just stick a peg in the ground at 1950 and say that we don't want Britain to change from that point on (though I'm sure some would like to).

Having said all that, I rather lament the fact that the word 'said' has been replaced by 'was like' as in 'So then I was like whatever, and she was like get over it and so I was like talk to the hand, girlfriend'. And also, the word random seems to mean something different these days, to the kids, and I can't quite get to grips with the new meaning. Think it means a bit peculiar these days, if any young folk out there could confirm......

johnny_t said:
talk to the hand,

I use this one on my kids when they are whinging - "talk to the hand 'cause the face ain't listenin" and they hate it because they originally bought it into the house. If they persist they get "talk to the elbow 'cause the hand's totally bored."

I prefer to use the Dr.Evil "Zip!" when mine are bugging me .......

Sponsored Links
Back