nozzle sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone no if there is a chart listing oil boiler manafactures and there nozzle sizes please.

Brian

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I can only tell you the nozzles that Worcester use on their range.

Regards Jim

Why do you need one? A few boxes of nozzles, and you can find one to do it from your list of customers boilers and the nozzles that are fitted to the ones you know about..

Sponsored Links
danfoss used to do a chart, with nozzle size and pump pressure effect on a particuliar nozzle size etc.. useful for gas oil.

if in doubt .......phone tech support and ask for gen. in fact danfoss tech support , are sound.

Thanks any way.
Yes I know its only a matter of phoning the boiler makers each time a new customer comes along, but I am pushing servicing at the moment and keep having to phone them, it would have been easier to look it up for myself.

OK, oftec have the position that you should use the nozzle which the manufacturers used to get the boiler type approved, but that AFAIK will be for recent boilers, as type approval was not about for the older ones.

There will be a nozzle in the boiler when you get there, and that will give you some analyser reading. If you can get around CO2=11% +, and CO<50ppm, with no smoke there's no problemso you an use the same nozzle for replacement. (You could also say "everything is running fine, so why waste the raw materials used to make another nozzle and change it when it's not necessary).

It's perhaps the nozzle angle that could give more problems, but a look through your records will tell you that, as almost certainly you will have done one before.

nozzle size can be worked out by dividing the heat input(btu,s) by 140000 to give you gph(gallons per hour)

Did you bother looking at the date of the original post? :rolleyes: Taydo hasn't posted here since August 2005.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back