Offensive music?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We all know many songs that could be found offensive by some. For instance, Ludacris' lovely ballad "Move b*tch", or Nelly's "Tip Drill" (with the wonderfully catchy chorus of "it must be your a** cos it ain't your face") Many of you probably have children you worry about because they are listening to music with naughtiness in it.

But I'm wondering, what is the history of "offensive" music... or explicit lyrics? Did the Rolling Stones' "let's spend the night together" raise eyebrows? What about the Beatles' song "She's leaving home" (believe it or not, my school made a special point of studying the Beatles and I once wrote an essay on that song!!!)... surely abortion was a very touchy subject then, it still is for many people.

Or was "Minnie the Mooch" making flappers faint in the 1920s? Perhaps WW2 ukelele man George Formby's clever way of making it sound like rude words were coming wound people up (in one song he includes the lyrics "So I said to Anny... now you rub your kneecaps" :LOL: )

What I'm really getting at is, were people using rude words in music pre-punk?

Sponsored Links
How about some records by Kevin Bl--dy Wilson and stuff the kids :LOL:

Judge dread.....universal an for cheeky lyrcis,

The most offensive stuff these days has got to be rap music.

oh yes... im quite a fan of odd and funny music and ive heard quiet a few very early Jaz recordings of very explicit lyrics. No "grandmas got a new bag" type stuff but real anglo saxon words used and extensive refereance to "reffer" (Oh that funny cigertte)... going way back The Romans loved ribald songs, often extreemly explicit. And thier comedy plays had the actors very explicitly and openly sexual. Ancient Egyptian religion was based on... well... You know Cleopatras needle?... about sewing its not. They left some right rude grafitee where they worked under the Pyramids, naughty verses etc.

Sponsored Links
the most offensive music nowadays is when unheard dj's do cover versions of classic songs and todays kids think that they sound good.
i.e. boys of summer/robert miles etc............ping,ping,ping,on the piano/synth + get a classic song and mix them = £££££££££££££££££££

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone
well said ...
Gerry Raferty ,Steve Winward an others who produced classics to be ping pinged an destroyed by mobiled frog tuned Cr*p

Beatles.........silly bloody Tuesday man :?: Goo,Goo,Gajoob. FFS :rolleyes: :LOL:

If you find it offensive..don't bloody listen to it...I don't!!

The most offensive "music," and I use the word in its loosest sense, is heard when you are sat at traffic lights. Some 17-year-old Tw*t, boy-racer pulls up next to you, flashy car mummy bought for him, with more neon than Soho. And all you can hear/feel is that f***ing bass. No tune, no lyrics, just BOOM BOOM BOOM. God I hate them. But at least when the lights turn green, they wheel-spin off, and leave me sat in my battered old Hi-lux, listening to RHCP.

AdamW
you are a copy monkey ..lol

being a bit more sober now .. I see where AdamW got this thread

you initial post rang too many bells ,....

an I sent it to the post guys who said that had been used 1203 times ..

in future dont repost but try a afresh ..

Sponsored Links
Back