old fashioned ceiling tape

eej

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi .im looking for some plasterboard joint tape.its the old ridged stuff that is left visible on completion and had ridges lengthways along it;i assume for joint movement/expansion etc.having a right job getting some.a builder i spoke to called it anaglypta tape;but couldnt tell me where i could get some! :mad: cheers.

Sponsored Links
Hi eej,
Welcome to the forum.I know the kind of tape that you mean as I have seen it on older properties.Councils used it a lot years ago on their estates.I have no idea where you can get it from nowadays. Just out of interest,why do you want to use that kind of tape? I go into many newly built properties, and the tapes are visible there as well.

Regards:Roughcaster.

the property is an old style terraced;and room still has an old cast fireplace;i was just trying to keep it all "as was". i was hoping to replace the tape without doing the ceiling;its in ok condition;just needs repainting.the old tape had come away in several places and i figured i'd stanley along the edges and remove it carefully;simply retaping it with new.i hadnt figured with not being able to get new tape.,numpty,eh? :rolleyes: what is the newer visible tape mate?? cheers for the reply

Hi eej,
Thanks for your reply.When I said that a lot of tapes in modern properties are visible after completion,I was being on the sarcastic side,because they are not meant to be visible.They are meant to be coated over with enough ready-mix joint cement and sanded down,so as after decoration the ceilings or walls are meant to look seamless.However,you don't always get what it says on the tin. Still can't help with your query.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
yeah yeah i knew that (not!)but hey;we all gotta learn somehow! :D im sure i'll get some somewhere.i see a skim comin on!! :!: :!: :oops:

eej,
The taping that I was being sarcastic about is the quality of some of the workmanship,or rather lack of it,being produced in modern houses nowadays, by people who are supposedly fully qualified.I do not mean the older style of taping that you are refering to.

Roughcaster

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back