One Cold Radiator and Pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Steve Higgins, 20 Feb 2021.

1. Steve Higgins

Steve Higgins

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've bled all my radiators, one still stone cold throughout. Taken thermostat off and moved the pin freely.
    British Gas did service last week and change the pump next to tank.
    Anything else I can look at before I call them back out?
    Thanks...

2. Ltnman

Ltnman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Radiators might need rebalancing. Do all the remaining radiators heat from cold at the same speed? You can check by just quickly going round and feeling the tops. If they don’t you can look at YouTube videos about how to balance. Also the pump might have a 3 speed control so you could turn it up but I would check the balance first

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. ericmark

ericmark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I would guess trapped air, two ways which may get it out, one turn off every TRV and see if that pushes the air through. Other is first turn off either lock shield or TRV and bleed radiator then the other and bleed radiator with boiler off, so bleeding both feed and return.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Could be sludge at valves, can cause that problem , never heard of trapped air in heating circuit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links