One for the Baxi boys.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler= baxi comi 80 eco

Problem= intermittent overheating after a hot water demand (customer says usually after a bath).

Boiler works fine while i'm there :rolleyes:

High/low bp set correctly. Boiler modulates in hw & ch.

Thermistor in range (stuck a new one on just in case its intermittent)

Return filter clean.

Baxi tech help suggest a diverter problem.

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
boiler may be overheating after the demand for a large amount of water. has it had the overheat kit fitted. this will make it so the boiler cant lock out on an overheat whilst the burner is off.

off the top of my head, part no. is 5115349. but check this as i may be wrong.

jasonvaughan said:
boiler may be overheating after the demand for a large amount of water. has it had the overheat kit fitted. this will make it so the boiler cant lock out on an overheat whilst the burner is off.

off the top of my head, part no. is 5115349. but check this as i may be wrong.

Not heard of that before...cheers.

Does the kit have a different type of overheat stat as this one is a mechanical type that requires a manual reset so does'nt "lock out" if you know what i mean.

was it the return thermistor you changed?

Sponsored Links
the kit includes a new overheat stat (self resetting) and a small wiring harnes. the kit converts it so the overheat interupts the flame recognition. if it over heats it will cause a flame failiure lock out needing a physical reset on the front controls.

as for the cause of the over heat, the plate may be scaled/blocked. causing the boiler not to be able to disipate the heat sending it over. but the oh kit is a cheaper alternitive and will cure the problem 99 times out of 100.

Thanks for that jason.

By the way you was correct with the part number......Geek :LOL: :LOL:

John

in my experience it has been long dead legs of hot water pipework that have caused the nuisance tripping to occur after long draw offs :)

Just to follow up on this fault.

The new overheat update kit sorted the problem.

Thanks again jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back