one tile will not stick ???????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting a pencil marble tile on top of my tiling, to make the top edge nice, managed to get that ****ty plastic strip off with a hammer and a chissel ( well daddy did ) and one of tiles just will not stick.................. :cry

You think it is fine, then after at 15 mins, smash on top of the toilet..............

I have tried putting the adhesive on the wall, and the tile, that didn't work, and I have smashed 3 now and at 5.00 each and you have to order then, not a happy bunny, any suggestions.............

All the others are fine, its just this one................

Even put celotape on to hold it over night, carefully pulled the tape off, thought yippee it has worked, turned round to walk out of the bathroom and smash another one gone...................... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
For just one tile you could use a whole host of things, what about cleaning the area, get it dry and silicone it on? No more nails? Prime the area and use single part flex floor adhesive.

You want a primer and adhesive madam?
Yes please.
Certainly, no problem, how many metres of tiles are you fitting?
Erm it's just for one pencil tile.
Then it's going to cost you about £20 to stick the one tile up madam do you realise this?
Oh no I didn't - some bloke on a forum told me that's what I needed to use.
Madam, may I suggest you tell the "bloke" on the forum to get real.
;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
what should I do, I have wasted 15.00 on 3 smashed tiles, should I try no nails.......................... :rolleyes:

Ah I see, I thought you'd made your decision to use no nails.
Personally I think "no nails" isn't very good.
I'd remove all the adhesive from the area and scrape the wall clean with a chisel - make sure you take a thin shaving of plaster off (only slight though).
It might be an idea to lighty sand the back of the tile on a flat surface in case some of the glaze has run round.
Is the adhesive dry when the tile has fallen off or is it still damp? If damp, forget about the adhesive. Get yourself to B&Q and get a tube of "grabs like nails" made by Cerafix. Stick it up with that and hold in place with tape. Give it a little wiggle the next day to make sure it won't come off.

the adhesive was slightly damp.......................from the bits i picked up after they had smashed on top of the toilet................. :rolleyes:

Well that should be ok. Bal quote a 24 hr setting time, but I would imagine that what with all this damp weather it might take a bit longer.
Might be worth trying again with the adhesive (get some adhesive from further down the tub, not just at the top, get it mixed up a bit), tape the tile on and leave it for a few days. Then remove the tape and give it a wiggle and see if it's fixed. If not, give up with the tile adhesive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back