OUCH! be careful

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a word of warning. I'm a chippie with 25 years of experience.
Now you'd think I would know how to handle my elctric tools wouldn't you?

Well, yesterday, I decided to run my hand over the planer blade to clear a blockage. IT WAS STILL TURNED ON AND RUNNING! :oops:

Having taken the fingerprint area of my middle finger and the tip off the next, I can recommend not trying this!

Now, God knows why I did it. I KNOW better, but my mind was obviously not on what I was doing. (Thankfully I was working in a nursing home, thanks to Matron I'm OK, but it might have been different...)

The lesson of this story is dont get complacent and always treat your power tools as if they are out to get you!

"sore fingers" Woody

Sponsored Links
I was driving some screws into a roof the other week, screw hit a hard knot I pressume drill driver slipped of the top of the screwhead and straight through finger :eek: Had a nice little perfect posidrive mark left in the finger and now have no feeling in the tip of the finger due to nerve damage. Also when you measure where it is, its dead centre width ways and lengthways between two joints. How's that for accurate drilling :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back