Overflow pouring out water (not toilet)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Water has begun to pour out of my overflow pipe (not the toilet overflow). It only started within the last week and is intermittent. Running off hot & cold water doesn't seem to help, neither does turning off the boiler (which is usually on 24/7). The pipe doesn't appear to be from the cold water storage tank, which is in the loft, as it exits the external wall between the ground floor & first floor, about a foot below the outlet pipes from the bathroom. Can anyone tell me what this is for, what the problem is likely to be & whether I need to call a plumber. Help is needed urgently if I want to avoid getting a shower when I step out the back door!

Sponsored Links
Have a look into your cold water tank and the smaller feed and expansion tank for your boiler. when the the water is coming out of the pipe. One of them may be causing the overflow. If so it may be that your float valve in one of the tanks needs repairing or replacing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back