Overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am Experiencing loud banging noises coming from the loft about 5 minutes after the Hot Water comes on and then dies down after about a minute. And now when the hot water comes on the overheating light comes on on the boiler and automatically cuts out. As a bit of background information, the house is about 2.5 yrs old and we noticed a leak in one of the central heating pipes which was fixed but from then on we needed to bleed one of the radiators once a day as it was tapping when heating up.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Turn your boiler stat down and see what happen when the water come on.Sound like the water is overheating too quickly and therefore being pressurized back to your F & E tank.

Sorry, have been away but I took your advice and it has solved the problem. I have had 2 plumbers look at my boiler over 2 years and neither of them thought the boiler was set too high. I am amazed. Thank you for your advice, you probably saved me a small fortune.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Great news,I'm afraid there's not many good plumbers out there these days.

More info:

You can also turn the pump setting to high (no:3) .This will speed up the flow rate thru' your boiler which will also reduce overheating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back