P I R sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a outside camera with a P I R fitted to a video recorder can anyone tell me how to make the sensor less sensitive there is no adjustment on the system, could there be anything i could spray on the sensor? Thanks

Sponsored Links
you say it is "too sensitive" are you saying it can see some where it shouldn't for example a moving bush to one side?

if this is the case you can put stick tape on the areas yo do not want it to look at, apart from adjusting the angle there is nothing else you can do.

Many thanks for your reply but i mean the slightest bit of warm breeze(thermals) sets it off not the range of the sensor, hope you can help me
Thanks

put a box round it. I am not joking, just one deep enough to stop it seeing draughts, apart from that by design ther is nothing you can do, other than as in my revious post

Sponsored Links
Many thanks breezer ill try that....................cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back